What is the Right Treatment for Me?
Conservative sciatica treatment is usually successful and involves treating the underlying condition causing the sciatic nerve compression. Treatment may include anti-inflammatory medication, stretches and exercises, heat and ice therapy, and physical therapy. Only once conservative treatments have been exhausted should surgery be considered.
OLSS provides a wide range of treatment options and because our doctors are the most experienced and best trained in treating sciatica we are able to perform many advanced treatments other practices are unable to offer.
The real question is: What treatment is best to treat your sciatica? Use our Treatment Match tool to quickly get started in finding the right treatment for you.
Best Sciatica Treatment
There are various ways to treat sciatica, from nonsurgical to surgical procedures. This all depends on the patient’s nerve complications. If you are experiencing sciatica pain, it is important to seek help from specialists to help relief your pain. Below are some sciatica treatments:
- Stretch activities- can help increase elasticity and improve overall physical movement.
- Chiropractic adjustment- ease pain on the spinal column.
- Medications- lessen the pain and reduce inflammation.
- Foraminotomy surgery– decompressing the nerve by increasing the size of the foramen.
- Discectomy surgery– removing the herniated disc that is causing nerve compression.
- Laminotomy– removing some parts of the lamina to relief the pressure of a specific area
Contact a Florida Orthopedic Surgeon
If you are certain that you have been experiencing sciatic pain, contact our Florida Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery. Our team of orthopedic surgeons has performed many spine surgeries for sciatica with fast healing journeys. Make sure to check out which locations in Florida we offer our services. Schedule your appointment today by calling (855)-853-6542.