What is the Right Treatment for Me?
Herniated disc treatment will most often begin in a conservative measure, incorporating anti-inflammatory medications, ice and heat treatments, exercises, and sometimes physical therapy. Only once conservative treatments have been exhausted should surgery be considered.
OLSS provides a wide range of treatment options and because our spine doctors are the most experienced and best trained in treating herniated discs, we are able to perform many advanced treatments other practices are unable to offer.
The real question is: What treatment is best to treat your herniated disc? Use our Treatment Match tool to quickly get started in finding the right treatment for you.
What are the Common Causes of a Herniated Disk?
A herniated disk can occur when a person performs a physical activity that results in an excessive strain or injury. Below are the common causes of a herniated dics:
- Poor nutrition- nutrients are needed in order to keep a spine healthy.
- Genetics- a family who has a history of any spine diseases and conditions can develop the chances of getting herniated disc.
- Aging- the process of aging can cause the discs to degenerate and the ligaments that hold it in place can begin to weaken.
- Spine trauma- resulting from an injury of the spinal column. The injury can come from car accidents and sports.
- Overweight-can cause vertebrae in the spine to compress and turn the disc in between.