Spine Surgeon in Fort Myers
If you’re struggling with pain in your back, neck, or spine and are looking for treatment plans, our doctors and medical professionals at Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery use high-level technology and state-of-the-art equipment to tailor medical care for each individual. With an award-winning team that utilizes experience and research, our clients receive fast relief and recovery.
If you’re not familiar with the condition you might have, take our free assessment for an online preliminary diagnosis of your symptoms. Or, if you already have an idea of your condition and are looking for treatment options, take our treatment assessment that can help determine what you might need.
Types of Procedures Used at Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery
We provide clients with the best medical procedures possible using non-surgical methods of care or gentle minimally invasive surgeries. Here are a few common treatment options:
- Impar ablation: This minimally invasive outpatient procedure reduces or eliminates coccyx or tailbone pain through radio frequency burning of the nerves.
- Endoscopic discectomy: Through a small incision, doctors remove damaged discs from the spine through a painless laser procedure or a small grasper/biter.
- Stem cell therapy: Surgeons inject new cells that are introduced directly into an injured area or joint, promoting healing and growth.
- Cervical disc replacement: Performed to replace damaged, herniated, or painful discs, this incredible new technology preserves motion in the spine.
To find out more about what types of treatments we offer, check our website for detailed explanations about each of our procedures.
Curious About Minimally Invasive Back Surgery?
In minimally invasive surgery, surgeons make one or more small incisions on the body that allow an endoscope access to the affected area of the back. The opening allows doctors to work around muscle tissue with the help of surgical tools. These techniques operate with minor damage to the body and faster recovery times than traditional surgical methods. Below is a list of a few benefits of using minimally invasive surgery:
- Much shorter recovery periods
- Less blood loss from surgery
- Reduced risk of tissue and muscle damage
- Better cosmetic results
With these innovative new treatments, Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery can provide our clients with the ability to feel happy and healthy.
Is It Time to Seek Medical Treatment for Your Back?
Everyday aches and pains can mostly be treated through over-the-counter medication and stretching, but when your average discomfort turns into severe symptoms, it may be time to call your doctor. If you’re experiencing any of the following symptoms, you should urgently get medical assistance:
- Persistent pain: If discomfort continues into pain that is not relieved by medication or other types of at-home care, it may be a sign of an underlying injury or illness, and a doctor should get involved.
- Past injury or related illness: Past illnesses or injuries are often causes of back pain and could turn into chronic irritation.
- Bladder or bowel issues: There is a collection of nerves known as the cauda equina at the base of the spine. If you experience a combination of back pain and loss of control of bowel movements, you may have cauda equina syndrome.
- Pain shooting down your leg: For those experiencing this symptom, you might have nerve damage within the spine which could cause permanent disabilities and nerve loss.
When considering whether you should call your primary care physician, checking for any of these warning signs is a significant first step. Keep an eye out for any other body fluctuations—like fever, nausea, or vomiting—that may also indicate a severe injury or illness.
Expert Back and Spine Surgeons in Fort Myers, Florida
When in need of professional care from neurologists, neurosurgeons, orthopedic specialists, and physicians, our team at Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery is here to help. We prioritize your recovery and use advanced technology and research to provide you with fast relief.
If you or a loved one is suffering from back, spine, or neck pain and live near Fort Myers, Florida, visit our local Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery office. Contact us or call (855) 853-6542 today and start your recovery journey.