Boca Raton Spine Surgeon
- Boca Raton, FL 33431
- (855) 853-6542
Spine Surgeon in Boca Raton
Orthopedic and Laser Spine Surgery (OLSS) is proud to serve the community of Boca Raton, Florida. Our mission is to help our patients regain their quality of life by providing them with the highest quality treatments and care. Our team of spine specialists, doctors, and surgeons are industry leaders who have pioneered some of the biggest breakthroughs in back and neck treatment. When you trust the doctors at OLSS with your back pain, you can be confident that you’re in the hands of some of the most skilled doctors in their field.
At OLSS, the minimally invasive approach is always our primary strategy for treatment. When you make an appointment with one of our doctors, they will take a full assessment and medical history to identify the underlying cause of your pain and develop a treatment plan that is individualized to your needs. If you are struggling with back pain in Boca Raton, the surgeons at OLSS are here to help you tackle your pain and regain your quality of life.
What Is Causing My Back Pain?
Back pain occurs when any damage occurs to the system of ligaments, discs, nerves, and bones that compose your body’s musculoskeletal system. Together, these components support your body’s weight, maintain your posture, and help you move. Factors such as aging, obesity, inflammatory conditions, and stress are common culprits of back pain. However, there are a variety of other conditions that are commonly behind back pain. These include:
- Degenerative disc disease: This occurs when vertebrae in your spinal column begin to lose their elasticity. Since these discs act as shock absorbers for your body, this gradual wear-and-tear can cause significant back pain.
- Sciatica: Your sciatic nerves are located in your lower back. When these nerves are compressed, it can manifest as radiating pain in your back or down one of your legs.
- Spinal bone spurs: These are boney projections that develop along the edge of the bone, often between joints, that can develop in different areas, including the spine.
- Facet joint disease: Your facet joints are located in your spine and are responsible for movements that allow you to turn, bend, and twist. This disease occurs when these joints start to decay, causing significant pain and discomfort.
- Scoliosis: Scoliosis occurs as a result of the spine curving sideways. The condition ranges from mild to severe.
- Spinal stenosis: This occurs when the spinal column narrows, applying excessive pressure on the nerves. Most commonly, spinal stenosis manifests as back and leg pain.
These are just a few of the many underlying conditions that could be behind your back pain. The best way to identify the root cause of your pain is to seek medical care from a spine expert.
Seeking Medical Care for Your Back Pain in Boca Raton
At the onset of back pain, you should try taking a pain reliever—such as aspirin or ibuprofen—to treat the pain. Additionally, you should rest and avoid activities that could further aggravate the pain. If your pain persists for more than a couple of weeks or is so severe that it is preventing you from functioning normally, you should seek medical care.
Back pain that is accompanied by any of the following symptoms should not be left unattended. Consult a doctor if you are experiencing:
- Pain, numbness, or tingling down one or both of your legs
- Bowel problems
- Unexplained weight loss
Orthopedic and Laser Spine Surgery: Our Approach to Treating Back and Neck Pain
At OLSS, our mission is to help patients regain their quality of life. Our doctors understand that each patient’s condition and symptoms are unique, which is why they take a personalized approach to treatment. When you meet with one of our skilled spinal specialists, they will gather a full medical history and perform a thorough physical examination. Once they have determined the underlying cause of your pain, they will tailor a treatment plan that is suitable for your needs. At OLSS, our goal is to ensure that your treatment plan seamlessly integrates with your everyday life.
Our team uses conservative and surgical procedures for treatment. However, the conservative, minimally invasive approach is always our primary strategy. Some of the cutting-edge services that we offer include:
The Best Spine Doctors in Boca Raton, Florida
Are you suffering from back pain and living in Boca Raton? Visit your local Orthopedic and Laser Spine Surgery clinic to receive expert medical care. At our office near Boca Raton, you’ll find highly-skilled, board-certified surgeons who are trained in the most advanced medical procedures for neck and back treatment. At OLSS, we pride ourselves on our ability to orchestrate personalized care plans that serve the unique needs of our patients in Florida.
To schedule an appointment with one of our skilled spine experts, call (855) 853-6542 or complete our online contact form.