Spine Surgeon/Back Doctor in Bradenton
Back pain can affect adults of all ages and can result from a wide array of different causes. It can negatively impact an individual’s life in several areas, from an inability to work or complete daily tasks due to debilitating pain.
Regardless of whether the pain is persistent or chronic, seeking the assistance of an experienced spine doctor is the first step you can take toward a better quality of life. At Orthopedic Laser and Spine Surgery, our doctors focus on treatments for back and neck pain. When you visit our clinic, you will receive a personalized plan to help you find relief.
What Could Be the Cause of My Back Pain?
The spine is categorized into four separate sections: cervical, thoracic, lumbar, and sacral. Pain can originate from each area, but lumbar pain, which refers to the lower back, is the most common.
Several things may be contributing to back pain. Some of these things are fairly simple, such as sleeping in an uncomfortable position or attempting to lift something too heavy for you to handle. However, sometimes back pain can hint at a more complex issue. Some of these issues may include:
● Bulging or ruptured discs
● Spinal stenosis
If you have been experiencing back or neck pain that has been persistent for several weeks and you are unsure of the cause, you should seek the assistance of a doctor.
What Are Some Treatment Options for Back Pain?
Although the first thought may immediately be surgery as a treatment for back pain, this is not always the case. Some options are non-invasive, and others may be surgery, both invasive and minimally invasive. Your doctor will determine which treatment option is best for you and your back pain. Common procedures include:
● Laser spine surgery: This is done using a focused beam of light through a small incision to remove soft tissue. It is usually used to reduce pain by treating ruptured or herniated disks.
● Artificial disk replacement: This procedure is an alternative option to traditional spinal fusion surgery. It replaces a worn or degenerated disk located in the lower regions of the spine with an artificial disk.
● Endoscopic foraminotomy: This procedure assists by relieving pressure from spinal nerve roots caused by the compression of disk herniation, excessive ligaments, bone spurs, and scar tissue.
● Microdiscectomy: The goal of this procedure is to relieve pressure on the spinal nerve column. It involves the removal of portions of the herniated disk.
Bradenton Back and Spine Surgeons You Can Trust
Pain associated with the back and neck can drastically impact an individual’s ability to live their life normally. Individuals who are experiencing debilitating back and neck pain should seek the help of an experienced doctor who can help them get back on track.
The skilled team of medical professionals at Orthopedic and Laser Spine Surgery is ready to help you regain your quality of life. Our team has more than 20 years of experience treating countless individuals in Bradenton with their back and neck pain and can develop a personalized treatment plan for you. For a free consultation, complete our contact form or call (855) 586-2615 today.