Cape Coral Spine Surgeon
- Cape Coral, FL 33837
- (855) 853-6542
Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery in Cape Coral
If you suffer from back pain, you’re not alone. Experts say that nearly 31 million Americans suffer from lower back pain at any given time. The New Jersey Spine and Orthopedic team may be the solution to alleviating your pain. Our offices near Cape Coral, Florida are home to award-winning spine surgeons who offer a patient-centered approach to all conditions.
Our highly trained medical staff will meet with you one-on-one to go over the treatment options best for you. From non-surgical procedures to state-of-the-art minimally invasive surgeries, our staff is determined to find you a path to much-needed relief.
Common Procedures at NJ Spine and Orthopedic
Here at New Jersey Spine and Orthopedic, we have several treatment options to deal with some of the most common spine and back conditions. Below are some of our most common procedures:
- Ankle Arthroscopy: Ankle arthroscopy helps doctors diagnose and treat ankle issues. This procedure allows a surgeon to get a closer look without creating a larger incision.
- Lumbar Spinal Fusion Surgery: One of the most common types of spinal surgery is lumbar spinal fusion, which fuses two or more vertebrae. This surgery is performed on those who suffer from lumbar fractures or spinal instability, and often includes additional procedures to help relieve nerve pressure on the spine.
- Microdiscectomy: As people age, the discs in their spine that cushion the vertebrae break down or wear out. When one or multiple discs are damaged, it may require surgery to correct. Microdiscectomy is a minimally invasive surgery that removes pressure from the nerves and relieves back or leg pain.
At NJSO, our doctors always begin treatment plans with non-surgical procedures before recommending surgery. If non-surgical treatments fail or pain continues, they may recommend one of our minimally invasive surgeries.
The Advantages of Minimally Invasive Surgery
Here at New Jersey Spine and Orthopedic, we specialize in minimally invasive surgeries so you can get back to enjoying life quicker. Knowing the difference between open surgery and minimally invasive surgery is important when deciding the best type of surgery to receive.
In open surgery, doctors make a large incision in order to see the area they are performing on. The purpose of minimally invasive surgery is to treat a variety of spinal issues with the least amount of trauma.
Many patients opt for minimally invasive surgery for a multitude of reasons. Some include:
- Shorter recovery time: Since incisions are much smaller, usually about the size of a postage stamp, your body will recover much faster than traditional surgery.
- Less scaring: Our surgeries utilize a small endoscope with a camera attached, so our doctors do not have to create large incisions. This will mean fewer and smaller stitches, making scars much less noticeable.
- Increased accuracy: In minimally invasive surgeries, doctors use state-of-the-art technology to view the organs they are operating on. These instruments allow for more complex work to be performed more accurately.
- Less pain: Our surgeries cause less trauma to the body than open surgeries. Some open procedures require sections of muscle and tissue to be cut, whereas minimally invasive surgeries make cutting large portions of tissue unnecessary.
New Jersey Spine and Orthopedic recommends our patients to explore all treatment options before making a final decision.
Consider the Spine Experts in Cape Coral, Florida
Visit our office in Cape Coral, Florida if you’re experiencing discomfort or pain in your back, spine, or neck. Our board-certified doctors specialize in minimally invasive surgeries that will reduce your pain, increase your mobility, and quickly get you back to the life you’re used to.
Our spine surgeons are dedicated to helping you achieve the best results possible for your pain. Give us a call at (855) 853-6542 or fill out our contact form today!