Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery in Clearwater
If you’re one of the millions of Americans suffering from back pain, reach out to Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery. Our offices near Clearwater, Florida, offer conservative healing methods and minimally invasive surgeries to help eliminate your back, neck, or spine pain. Our board-certified doctors will diagnose and remedy your condition using the latest research and state-of-the-art technology.
If you’re unsure where your pain is coming from, complete our Condition Check. If you already know your condition, discover the treatment options best for you through our Treatment Check. Our doctors also provide free reviews of MRIs.
Why Does My Back Hurt?
More than 80% of the population will suffer from back pain at some point in their lives. It can be brought on by various reasons, like improperly lifting heavy objects or having poor posture. Some common conditions that are linked to back pain include:
- Muscle or ligament strain: Consistently lifting heavy objects or experiencing a sudden and awkward movement can strain back muscles or spinal ligaments.
- Bulging or ruptured discs: Spinal discs act as a cushion between the vertebrae in your spine. The material inside discs can bulge or rupture and press on a nerve.
- Spinal stenosis: This can put stress on your spinal cord and the nerves within the spine. Spinal stenosis occurs when the spinal cord begins to narrow, reducing the space for nerves.
- Herniated or slipped discs: A slipped or herniated disc can occur when the inner disc punctures through the outer ring of your spine. It causes severe pain in your lower back.
- Osteoporosis: As we become older, our vertebrae may develop fractures as our bones become weaker and more brittle.
Even though most back pain comes through a personal injury or develops with age, health factors like weight, stress, and inflammatory conditions are known to cause back pain as well.
When to Consult a Back Doctor in Clearwater
Most back pain will go away on its own in a few weeks without treatment. Some easy ways to decrease the chances of back pain are exercising, building muscles, maintaining a healthy weight, and following a proper diet.
However, if you’re experiencing a fever, unexplained weight loss, numbness in one or both legs, or loss of bowel control, seek medical care right away.
Serious back pain may be a sign of other medical conditions, including cancer. If there’s a family history of severe health conditions, you should seek medical attention at the onset of your pain.
Treatments Offered at Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery
We offer numerous treatments to ease back pain. Our doctors will always try non-surgical healing methods to ease your pain at first. This may include physical therapy or prescribing you pain medication. However, if conservative healing methods do not work, our physicians will suggest minimally invasive surgery. Some of the procedures we offer are:
- Axial fusion: This procedure creates a small incision near the tailbone and replaces or repairs a worn disc.
- Endoscopic discectomy: This surgery removes damaged discs.
- Microdiscectomy: This simple procedure removes compression and pressure from your nerves.
Many patients choose a minimally invasive surgery because doctors move muscle and tissue out of the way rather than cutting them. Some other benefits to these surgeries include shorter recovery time, less scarring, and increased accuracy.
Award-Winning Back Doctors in Clearwater
Are you suffering from back, neck, or spine pain and living near Clearwater, Florida? If so, visit your local Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery branch to receive the medical care you need to regain control of your life. Our team of neurologists, neurosurgeons, and orthopedic specialists will help ease your pain and increase mobility.
Call (855) 853-6542 or complete a contact form today. No matter what your condition is, we’re determined to help you get better!