Coconut Creek Spine Surgeon
- Coconut Creek, FL 33063
- (855) 853-6542
Spine Surgeon/Back Doctor in Coconut Creek
Orthopedic and Laser Spine Surgery (OLSS) is proud to support the community near Coconut Creek, Florida. OLSS is the premier treatment center in Florida for back and neck care, offering patients award-winning treatment. Our specialists are leaders in their fields and have dedicated their careers to furthering the field of back and neck pain treatment. In fact, many of our physicians have pioneered some of the most advanced minimally invasive spinal surgeries. As some of the most respected spine surgeons in the country, our doctors are passionate about creating personalized treatment plans. At OLSS, we treat people, not patients. Whether your doctor chooses to treat your condition with conservative therapies or minimally invasive procedures, you will be receiving top-notch medical care. At OLSS, our team is here to help you tackle your pain and regain your quality of life.
What Are the Common Causes of Back Pain
Back pain is complex and can be caused by underlying conditions, lifestyle factors, and genetic predispositions. While there are a variety of conditions that cause back pain, some of the most common culprits of back pain include:
- Degenerative disc disease, which occurs when the vertebrae in your spinal column lose their elasticity. Since these discs act as shock absorbers for your body, this gradual degeneration can cause severe discomfort in your back.
- Sciatica, which occurs when your sciatic nerves become compressed, causing radiating pain in your back or down one of your legs.
- Facet joint disease, which occurs when your facet joints start to decay, causing significant pain and discomfort.
- Scoliosis, which occurs as a result of the spine curving sideways.
- Spinal stenosis, which occurs when the spinal column narrows, applying pressure on the surrounding nerves.
Additionally, certain factors—such as age— can put you at a higher risk of experiencing back or neck pain. Factors including obesity, psychological stress, age, and other health conditions can play a significant role in causing back pain. Luckily, there are a lot of preventative measures you can take to keep your back healthy. Some tips for keeping your back strong include:
- Maintaining a healthy weight, diet, and lifestyle
- Regular exercise
- Wearing supportive shoes and avoiding high heels
- Sleeping on a relatively firm mattress
- Lifting objects with your knees instead of your back
- Avoid prolonged periods of inactivity or bed rest.
- Ensuring your desk or workstation is ergonomically supportive
If your back pain does not improve with these strategies or other conservative, at-home methods, it’s important to seek medical care.
Seeking Medical Care for Your Back Pain in Coconut Creek
If your back pain persists for more than a month and is accompanied by any of the following symptoms, it’s essential to seek prompt medical care:
- Bladder or bowel function problems
- Muscle weakness
- Unexplained weight loss
- Radiating pain down one or both of your legs
In many cases, these symptoms can signal an underlying condition. Letting an underlying back condition go unchecked can complicate and lengthen your recovery. Meeting with a skilled spine doctor is the best way to identify the cause of your pain and get on an effective treatment plan.
How the Team at OLSS Approaches Back Pain Treatment
Whether you are struggling with neck, back, spine, or shoulder pain, our team of orthopedic specialists is here to help. At your initial appointment, your doctor will take a thorough physical examination and medical history, and in some cases, will conduct advanced image testing. After identifying the cause of your pain, they will devise a treatment plan specific to your needs.
We offer a range of treatment options for spinal conditions. Depending on the cause of your pain, your doctor may choose to treat your pain using non-surgical treatments such as physical therapy, or minimally invasive procedures. Some of the cutting edge treatments we offer at OLSS include:
- Interlaminar spacers
- Axial fusion
- Stem cell injection therapy
- Cervical disc replacement
When you meet with one of our skilled doctors, they will work alongside you to create a customized treatment plan suitable for your needs.
Trusted Spine Surgeons at OLSS in Coconut Creek
Are you suffering from back pain and living in Coconut Creek? Visit your local Orthopedic and Laser Spine Surgery to receive an expert medical diagnosis. At our office near Coconut Creek, you’ll find highly skilled board-certified surgeons who are trained in cutting-edge medical procedures for neck and back treatment. We pride ourselves on our ability to orchestrate personalized care plans that serve the unique needs of our patients in Florida.
To schedule an appointment with one of our skilled spine experts, call (855) 853-6542 or fill out our online contact form.