Coral Springs Spine Surgeon
- Coral Springs, FL 33837
- (855) 853-6542
Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery in Coral Springs
NJ Spine and Orthopedic is excited to welcome the community of Coral Springs, Florida to the NJSO family! At NJSO, our spine and orthopedic specialists provide minimally invasive laser spine surgeries to ease the pain caused by back and neck conditions. Our award-winning team of doctors offers the latest research, technology, and advancements for neck and back pain treatment. If you are struggling with back pain in Coral Springs, the surgeons at NJSO are here to help you tackle your pain and regain your quality of life.
What Causes Back Pain?
In America, 31 million people suffer from back pain. In the U.S., back pain is the leading cause of disability, and experts estimate that 80 percent of Americans will experience back pain in their lifetime.
The back is composed of many structural components, including bones, joints, muscles, and ligaments—all of which are susceptible to injury. Back pain can be the result of significant trauma or an awkward movement, such as picking up a pencil off the ground. In addition, health conditions like inflammatory diseases, stress, and obesity can further contribute to an existing back condition and complicate the recovery process. While back pain can arise as a result of many conditions, some of the most common causes of back pain include:
- Herniated or slipped discs. Your vertebrae are composed of both a soft inner portion and a tough outer layer. A slipped or herniated disc happens when the inner portion of a disc protrudes through the outer layer. A slipped disc can compress your spinal nerves, causing severe pain and discomfort.
- Degenerative disc disease. When the discs in between your vertebrae shrink or tear, the bones in the back start to rub together. Over time, this shrinkage results in degenerative disc disease.
- Spinal stenosis. Your back has bony openings, referred to as foramina. When the space between these openings begins to narrow, it reduces the space in between your spinal nerves. Over time, this narrowing can cause your spinal nerves or cord to compress, which can cause pain and tingling.
- Cervical radiculopathy. Also referred to as a pinched nerve, cervical radiculopathy occurs when too much pressure is applied to a nerve by surrounding tissues. As a result, you may feel pain, tingling, or numbness in your back or down your legs.
- Accidents and injuries. Bad falls, car accidents, and other traumatic accidents can all cause back pain.
These are just a few of the common causes of back pain. If you are struggling with back pain, it is best to see a skilled spine doctor who can identify the underlying cause of your pain.
When to See a Spine Doctor in Coral Springs
Back pain symptoms can range from mild muscle aches to sharp, shooting sensations in your lower back. In some cases, back pain can appear as a tingling sensation down one or both of your legs. The large majority of back pain will resolve with rest or conservative treatments. However, if your symptoms persist, it is important to see a spine doctor. You should see a spine doctor in Coral Springs if your back pain:
- Does not improve with rest and continues to cause severe discomfort
- Causes feelings of numbness or tingling in your legs
- Is accompanied by a fever, bladder problems, or unexplained weight loss
- Is the result of a serious fall or injury, such as a car accident
Sometimes, back pain can signal a more serious underlying medical condition, such as cancer. If you have a family history of cancer, you should seek medical attention at the onset of your back pain.
Consult a Spine Doctor to Conquer Your Back Pain
At NJ Spine and Orthopedic, our surgeons are dedicated to helping our patients find the best treatment for their neck, back, and joint pain. Using both conservative and surgical options for pain treatment, our doctors provide the best procedures for back pain management. Some of the cutting-edge services that we offer include:
- Laser spine surgery
- Complex spinal revision surgery
- Stem cell therapy
- Platelet-rich plasma injections
- Radiofrequency ablation
These are just a few of the many treatments we offer to treat back and neck pain. When you meet with one of our doctors, they will advise the best treatment plan specific to your situation. You can check out our Treatment Finder for more details on the options you might have.
The Best Spine Surgeons in Coral Springs, FL
At NJ Spine and Orthopedic, we are dedicated to treating your back pain and helping you improve your quality of life. Our team of board-certified neurologists, neurosurgeons, and orthopedic specialists work together to treat spine and back disorders using minimally invasive techniques. At NJSO, we pride ourselves on our ability to orchestrate personalized care plans and the latest advancements in technology to serve the unique needs of our patients.
To schedule an appointment with one of our skilled spine experts, call (855) 853-6542 or fill out our online contact form