Delray Beach Spine Surgeon
- Delray Beach, FL 33444
- (855) 853-6542
Spine Surgeon/Back Doctor in Delray Beach
Constant back or neck pain can make getting through the day tough. While some back or neck pain is a result of something simple, such as lifting something too heavy or sleeping in an uncomfortable position, this is not always the case. In some cases, back pain will not go away by itself and will need treatment.
When struggling with back pain, you need top-of-the-line medical treatment and care to alleviate it, which you can find at Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery. Their team of experienced doctors are ready to help you find relief from your back or neck pain.
When Do You Need to Seek Medical Care for Back or Neck Pain?
Although many cases of back pain will go away with at-home treatment such as applying ice or resting, some cases are much more serious. There are several telltale signs of a more serious issue, and if you experience these symptoms, it is time to see a doctor. These signs include:
- Persistent pain: If your pain continues to persist beyond just a few weeks, it is time to see a doctor.
- Tingling or numbness: If you are experiencing either of these sensations with your pain, which is sometimes referred to as a “pins-and-needles” feeling, you need to seek medical help. This can be a sign of nerve damage.
- Pain in your legs: Pain shooting down one or both of your legs can indicate nerve damage within the spine, and you should seek immediate medical assistance if you are experiencing this.
- Bladder or bowel incontinence: This issue, when experienced with back pain, can indicate a serious issue, such as cauda equina syndrome. If you are experiencing this, you should seek the assistance of a back and spine doctor immediately.
If you are experiencing any of these concerning symptoms, you should make an appointment with an experienced spine and back doctor as soon as possible to determine the cause of the symptoms.
Common Treatment Options for Back Pain
When it comes to the treatment of back pain, there are several options. Primary options offered at Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery include non-surgical treatments and minimally invasive surgical treatments.
Non-surgical treatment options may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Stem cell injection therapy
- Impar block
- Impar ablation
- Epidural steroid injection
Minimally invasive surgical treatments can be used if non-surgical treatments are not working within a given time frame. Your doctor may advise you towards these treatments that can help with a range of conditions. Some of these treatments include:
- Axial fusion
- Interlaminar spacer
- Percutaneous carpal tunnel release
- Cervical disc replacement
Consult an Expert Back and Spine Doctor in Delray Beach
Back and neck pain can be a burden, preventing you from living your life to the fullest. If you are suffering from neck and back pain, it may be time to seek the assistance of the experienced team of doctors at Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery.
The team of award-winning doctors is ready to help relieve and alleviate neck and back pain so you can enjoy all that life in Delray Beach has to offer. To have a recent MRI reviewed at no cost, fill out their online contact form or call (855) 853-6542.