Spine Surgeon in Deltona
At Orthopedic and Laser Spine Surgery (OLSS), we offer our patients an efficient facility, caring experts, and top-notch medical treatment. It’s our goal to ensure our patients receive the very best in orthopedic and laser surgery treatment. When you schedule an appointment at one of our clinics, you will meet with an orthopedic expert who will give you their full support on your journey to recovery.
Our doctors understand that the medical needs of each patient are unique, which is why we tailor our treatments to cater to every individual. Our doctors take the time to understand your condition, educate you about the underlying cause of your pain, and explain the best treatment plan for your specific situation. If you are struggling with back pain in Deltona, Florida, the surgeons at OLSS are here to help you tackle your pain and regain your quality of life.
Common Conditions That Cause Back and Spine Pain
Back pain is one of the most common reasons people visit their doctor and miss work. Back pain can arise from a variety of causes and conditions, including mild sprains and strains, osteoporosis, arthritis, and physical traumas. While back pain can be caused by a range of underlying conditions, some of the most common include:
- Pinched nerves from bone spurs or spinal stenosis
- Bulging, degenerated, or herniated discs
- Osteoarthritis in the spine or joints
- Torn ligaments or tendons, like rotator cuff tendinitis
- Neck and back injuries, like whiplash
- Pulled muscles or tendons
The best way to prevent back pain is to maintain a healthy lifestyle by regularly exercising and keeping to a healthy diet. Walking, swimming, and yoga are all great forms of exercise that strengthen your core and in doing so, can take the pressure off your spine and back muscles. Additionally, in our modern lifestyle, we do a lot of sitting, which is not good for your back. Making it a habit to maintain a good posture while sitting at your desk or watching TV can also help prevent back pain.
Should I Seek Medical Attention for My Back Pain?
Excluding cases of serious injuries and physical traumas, the large majority of back pain will resolve with self-care, over-the-counter pain reliever, massage, and stretching. If these methods are not helpful, you should consider seeking medical attention from your doctor. Specifically, it is important to seek medical care if your pain is accompanied by any of the following symptoms and conditions:
- Numbness or tingling down one or both of your legs
- Fever, bowel problems, or unexplained weight loss
- Your pain corresponds with a bad fall or significant injury
The OLSS Approach to Back and Spine Pain Treatment
Whether you’re looking for help with your neck, back, or spine pain, the doctors and orthopedic specialists at OLSS are here to help. We provide each patient with a full assessment to create a treatment plan that is personalized for their needs. Our mission is to help our patients return to the life they once enjoyed before their pain.
We offer both conservative and surgical treatment options for spinal conditions. However, the conservative, minimally-invasive approach is always our primary strategy. If physical therapy, pain medications, and other conservative therapies do not do the trick, we offer the most advanced minimally invasive spine treatments available. A few of the cutting-edge surgical procedures we offer include:
- Interlaminar spacers: During this procedure, a spacer is inserted at the affected location of the spine to hold it in a degree of flexion and increase space, relieving pressure from the nerves and eliminating the symptoms associated with spinal stenosis.
- Cervical disc replacement: In this procedure, an artificial disc is inserted to replace a damaged disc. This new disc moves and is designed to not reduce any motion.
- Facet fusion: This procedure is the most reliable treatment for facet pain. During the procedure, a spacer is placed into the facet joint to stabilize it and stop it from rubbing on the nerve, immediately stopping the pain.
- Microdiscectomy: This procedure is a minimally invasive spine surgery to remove disc material that is pressing on a nerve root or spinal cord.
Expert Spine Surgeons in Deltona
Are you suffering from back pain and living in Deltona? At your nearest OLSS branch, you’ll find highly skilled board-certified surgeons who are trained in cutting-edge medical procedures for neck and back treatment. At Orthopedic and Laser Spine Surgery, we pride ourselves on our ability to orchestrate personalized care plans that serve the unique needs of our patients.
To schedule an appointment with one of our skilled spine experts, call (855) 853-6542 or fill out our online contact form.