Hialeah Spine Surgeon
- Hialeah, FL 33837
- (855) 853-6542
Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery in Hialeah
Do you have discomfort in your back, spine, or neck? If so, the expert medical team at NJ Spine and Orthopedic is here to help. Our offices near Hialeah, Florida offer patients best-in-class medical treatment and award-winning neurologists, neurosurgeons, orthopedic specialists, and physicians. No matter the severity or cause of your injury or condition, our team of qualified back doctors will carefully assess your situation to determine a safe and healthy approach that will reduce your pain and encourage a faster recovery time.
We offer a number of treatment options to help you deal with some of the most common conditions. If you’re unsure what kind of care you need, take our two-minute Condition Checker quiz to learn what choices are right for you. If you know your condition, discover treatment options through our free Treatment Finder. If you have an MRI scan, get a free expert review on our website today.
With over 20 years of experience, the spine surgeons at NJ Spine & Orthopedic will be able to diagnose your condition and give you the care you deserve. Our trusted and board-certified spinal specialists in Hialeah are here to help.
Risk Factors That Can Lead to Back Pain
Back pain can strike at any time, no matter your age, health, or injury history. In fact, back pain is the single leading cause of disability worldwide, and an estimated 80 percent of the population will experience it at some point in their lifetime. Still, there are a number of factors that increase your likelihood of feeling discomfort in your back, which is why it’s so important to ask your doctor in Hialeah what you can do to reduce your risk. From aging and genetics to occupational hazards and poor posture, here are some of the most common risk factors that can lead to back pain:
- Aging: Though back pain can affect an individual of any age, it’s much more prevalent in adults aged 60 years or older. As wear and tear on the spine accumulates, conditions can materialize that produce neck and back pain like disc degeneration and spinal stenosis.
- Lack of exercise: Weak, unused muscles in your back and abdomen might lead to back discomfort and increase the severity of the pain.
- Occupational hazards: Any job that requires repetitive bending and lifting has a high incidence of back injuries. Likewise, jobs that necessitate long hours of standing or sitting without a break could put you at a greater risk.
- Smoking: Smokers have increased rates of back pain. This may occur because smoking prompts more coughing, which can lead to herniated disks. Smoking can also decrease blood flow to the spine and increase the risk of osteoporosis.
- Excess weight: Additional body weight puts extra stress on your back and joints.
Other factors that can lead to back pain include genetics, poor posture, pregnancy, smoking, improper lifting, diseases, and psychological conditions. If you feel any symptoms, contact the experts at NJ Spine and Orthopedic in Hialeah before any further damage occurs.
Tips to Prevent Back Pain
There are several strategies you can employ to avert the onset of back pain. They include:
- Exercise: If your back is hurting, you may think the best way to find relief is to limit exercise and to rest. On the contrary, regular physical activity can ease inflammation and muscle tension.
- Sleeping position: If you’re prone to back pain, talk with your doctor about the best sleeping position. Sleeping on your side with your knees pulled up slightly toward your chest is sometimes suggested.
- Posture: The best chair for preventing back pain is one with a straight back or lower back support. Keep your knees a bit higher than your hips while seated. Prop your feet on a stool if you need to. If you must stand for a prolonged period, keep your head up and your stomach pulled in.
Although determining the cause of back pain can be complicated, there are many different actions you can take to help alleviate your back pain or prevent it from getting worse. The bottom line is that if you can relieve pressure, reduce strain, protect your spine, and strengthen your muscles, you can maintain a healthy, pain-free back for a long time.
Expert Spine Surgeons in Hialeah, Florida
If you seek leading medical care for pain in your back, spine, and neck, look no further than NJ Spine and Orthopedic. Our office near Hialeah, Florida is home to a top-rated medical staff that’s devoted to delivering up-to-the-minute technology and treatments. We offer non-surgical, conservative methods of care as well as gentle, minimally invasive surgeries performed through incisions that are smaller than a postage stamp.
If you seek pain relief, decreased trauma, and faster recovery times in Hialeah, our team is well-versed in the art of pain management and will be with you every step of the way. When it comes to spine-related issues, NJ Spine & Orthopedic offers the treatment and care you deserve and expect. Regardless of the cause of your pain, our experienced team is ready to help. Give us a call at (855) 853-6542 or complete our contact form today!