Homestead Spine Surgeon
- Homestead, FL 33030
- (855) 853-6542
Spine Surgeon/Back Doctor in Homestead
Back pain affects nearly 65 million Americans, most of which is chronic or persistent pain. Although many people write off their back pain as a temporary issue, not all back pain will disappear with something as simple as better posture or home remedies. Therefore, seeking the assistance of a highly trained medical professional who focuses on aiding people with back and neck pain is a wise idea, as it can sometimes indicate a much more complex issue.
When Should You Seek Medical Care for Back Pain?
In some cases, back or neck pain persists regardless of home treatment or rest. There are several indicators individuals may experience that may mean it is time to seek the help of a medical professional. Some of these indicators include:
- Persisting pain: If the pain persists for a continuous period extending longer than several weeks, it is time to visit the doctor to figure out what is causing it.
- Injuries: If you have experienced an injury, such as a hard fall, you should seek medical attention immediately to ensure there is no damage to the neck, spine, or back.
- Tingling or Numbness: If you are experiencing tingling or numbness, you should contact a doctor immediately. This can indicate nerve damage and, if left untreated, may be irreversible.
- Pain in the legs: If you are experiencing pain throughout your legs, such as shooting pain down your legs or aching pain, seek medical attention immediately, as this can indicate nerve damage within the spine.
If you experience any of these indicators, it is wise to seek the assistance of a doctor immediately, as some conditions may worsen or be irreversible.
What Could Be Causing My Back Pain?
Back pain is often difficult to pinpoint, and can be caused by many different things. In some cases, it is simply the result of bad posture or sleeping in an uncomfortable position. However, some cases may be much more complex and require the attention of a doctor. Some of the common causes of back pain include:
- Slipped or herniated discs
- Spinal stenosis
- Radical radiculopathy
- Degenerative disc disease
- Inflammatory conditions
If you are unsure of what is causing your back pain, seek the help of an experienced spinal doctor to determine possible causes and treatments that are suitable for you.
Consult an Experienced Homestead Spine And Back Doctor Today
Pain, especially neck and back pain, can be debilitating and affect your ability to do day-to-day tasks. If your pain has persisted for more than a few weeks and you are unsure of what is causing the pain, it is time to seek help from a medical professional. An experienced spinal doctor can help determine the cause of the pain and direct you to an appropriate treatment option.
With an experienced team of orthopedic specialists who have helped countless patients eliminate and alleviate back pain, Orthopedic Laser and Spine Surgery is ready to help. For a free consultation, complete our contact form or call (855) 586-2615 today.