Lehigh Acres Spine Surgeon
- Lehigh Acres, FL 33971
- (855) 853-6542
Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery in Lehigh Acres
When you need top-rated medical care to treat your back pain in Lehigh Acres, Florida, reach out to Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery. Our board-certified doctors will provide you with top-rated medical treatment to address your pain. We utilize the most recent research, technology, and equipment to allow for a speedy recovery and faster relief.
Our medical staff will consult with you one-on-one to get to the root of your pain and create a specialized approach to treating it. If you’re experiencing back pain, the surgeons at OLSS are here to help!
When Should I Go to the Doctor for My Back Pain?
Back pain is one of the most common medical conditions in the world. In fact, 31 million Americans experience it at any given time. Fortunately, most pain will fade over time with a healthy amount of rest and light exercise. If your pain does not improve or worsens, you should consult with a back doctor in Lehigh Acres. Below are just a few signs in knowing when it’s time to seek medical care:
- Injury: If you were recently in an accident and are experiencing back pain, you may have injured a spinal disc. More minor accidents like a fall down the steps or slip on ice can cause severe back problems as well.
- Fever: It may be hard to tell if you just have the flu, especially in the winter months, but a consistent fever along with back pain could be a sign of an infection.
- Numbness or tingling: The feeling of pins and needles in your back is often a sign of nerve irritation or damage. If the numbness or tingling does not go away, you may be suffering from a herniated disc or spinal stenosis.
- Unexplained weight loss: If you’re losing significant weight without exercising or being on a diet, it could be a sign of a severe infection or condition.
- Foot drop: A common condition that’s often accompanied by back pain, foot drop is when your foot drags across the ground as you walk. This symptom is usually a sign of a greater issue such as nerve, muscle, or brain problems.
Common Causes of Back Pain
Several reasons can cause back pain. As we get older, the chances of developing back pain increase. However, anyone, regardless of age, can experience back pain. Some common causes include:
- Poor posture
- Disc injury
- Kidney problems
- Spinal stenosis
- Pulled muscles or tendons
- Sprains or strains
Despite there being numerous ways back pain can form, all can be treated. Most pain will even go away on its own with time. But minor changes, like learning how to lift objects properly and sleeping in a back-friendly position, can reduce the chances of pain developing.
Services Offered at Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery
At Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery, we treat numerous conditions through conservative healing methods and minimally invasive surgeries. Our physicians will always try non-surgical procedures first, such as physical therapy. If your pain persists, we will then perform minimally invasive surgery to help your condition. Benefits of these surgeries include faster recovery times, less scarring, and increased accuracy.
Some of the treatments we provide include:
- Axial fusion
- Hip arthroscopy
If you’re unsure of your condition, complete our Condition Check. If you already know the root of your pain, discover treatment options through our Treatment Check.
Expert Back Doctors in Lehigh Acres, Florida
When you need medical care to treat your back pain in Lehigh Acres, choose the team that will always put your needs first. The Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery team has years of experience helping patients reduce their pain and improve mobility. No matter what your condition is, our doctors will be with you every step of the way.
Call (855) 853-6542 or complete a contact form today to learn more about the services we offer.