Palm Bay Spine Surgeon
- Palm Bay, FL 32907
- (855) 853-6542
Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery in Palm Bay
A top choice for back, neck, or spine care in Florida is Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery. With offices near Palm Bay, Florida, our team of board-certified medical professionals comprising neurologists, neurosurgeons, and orthopedic specialists will provide you with top-rated medical care. No matter your condition, our medical staff will carefully assess your situation and determine the best approach to reduce your pain.
For help determining the cause of your injury, complete our free Condition Check. If you already know your condition, learn about the treatment options best for you through our Treatment Check. Our doctors also provide a free review of MRI scans.
Common Causes of Back Pain
More than 30 million Americans suffer from back pain at any given time. But what causes one person pain may not cause you pain. A variety of triggers can prompt back pain, some of the most common of which include:
- Pulled muscles or tendons
- Herniated or slipped discs
- Ruptured or bulging discs
- Muscle spasms
- Poor posture
While there are many ways back pain can develop, you can effectively treat it at home. Learning how to lift heavy objects properly, having good posture, and maintaining a healthy weight can all reduce pain in your back.
Procedures Offered at Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery
The award-winning doctors at Orthopedic & Laser Spine surgery offer several procedures to ease your back pain. However, before surgery, our team will always try conservative healing methods, such as physical therapy. If your pain persists, only then will we suggest a minimally invasive surgery.
Some of the procedures we offer include:
- Axial fusion: This surgical procedure replaces degenerated discs in the spinal column with artificial disc implants.
- Coccygectomy: If you’re experiencing a sharp and sudden pain while sitting, you most likely have an injury to your tailbone. Since you don’t need the bone, doctors will remove it in this surgery.
- Endoscopic discectomy: Doctors will remove the damaged discs that are causing pain in your back or neck.
- Microdiscectomy: Microdiscectomies remove pressure from the nerves and relieve back or leg pain resulting from a damaged disc.
Benefits of Minimally Invasive Surgery
There are many benefits to minimally invasive surgery compared to more traditional open surgeries. For example, surgeons will make a large incision in open surgeries to see the area and perform the procedure. In minimally invasive surgeries, doctors will make a tiny incision—about the size of a postage stamp—and use tiny cameras and lights to see inside the body. Some of the benefits of this type of surgery include:
- Less trauma: Since tissue and muscles are moved out of the way rather than cut, the surgery is much less stressful on the body.
- Decreased risk of complications: With the use of tiny cameras, a large image is projected onto a screen for surgeons to look at while operating, providing them a better view of the area. Advanced instruments allow for more intricate work to be done correctly and accurately, decreasing the risk of future issues.
- Shorter hospital stays: Surgeries can be expensive, especially when staying multiple nights in a hospital. Most patients who undergo minimally invasive surgeries go home after a day or two. Some procedures even allow patients to go home that day.
- Less scarring: These procedures require fewer and smaller incisions, meaning you’ll have less noticeable scarring on your body. The incisions typically only need a few stitches.
In general, minimally invasive surgeries mean fewer risks, a shorter recovery time, and reduced pain.
Choose the Back Doctors in Palm Bay, Florida
When you’re suffering from back, neck, or spine pain, reach out to the team at Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery. Our team will work with you to get to the root of your pain and be by your side every step of the way. When you choose Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery, you can be confident that our team will do everything they can to get you back to the life you enjoyed.
Call (855) 853-6542 or complete an online contact form today to learn more about our services!