Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery in Pompano Beach
Orthopedic and Laser Spine Surgery is proud to serve the community of Pompano Beach, Florida. Our goal is to provide patients with the very best in back and neck pain care by taking a minimally invasive approach as the primary strategy for treatment. When you schedule an appointment at one of our branches, you will meet with one of our skilled orthopedic or spinal specialists who will get to the root of your pain, detail your treatment options, and offer their full support on your road to recovery.
Our specialists, doctors, and surgeons are industry leaders who have dedicated their careers to advancing the field of back and neck treatment. When you choose us for your back and neck pain, you can rest easy knowing you’re in the hands of some of the most skilled doctors in their field. If you are struggling with back pain in Pompano Beach, the surgeons at OLSS are here to help you tackle your pain and regain your quality of life.
The Common Causes of Back Pain
The back is a complex system of ligaments, discs, nerves, and bones. All of these components work together to provide structural support, and when damage occurs to any of these parts, it can manifest as back pain. This damage can be caused by injuries, falls, or aging, along with other health risks such as obesity, inflammatory conditions, or stress. While your back pain could be resulting from a variety of causes, some of the most common culprits include:
- Herniated or slipped discs: Discs are composed of a soft inner portion made of a gel-like substance and a tough outer layer composed of lamellae. A slipped or herniated disc happens with the inner portion of a disc extends into the outer layer. When this happens, the “slipped” disc can put pressure on your spinal nerves, causing severe pain and discomfort.
- Degenerative disc disease: When the discs between your vertebrae begin to shrink or tear, the resulting damage and pain are referred to as degenerative disc disease. Degenerative disc disease causes your bones to rub together, which may result in severe pain.
- Spinal stenosis: When the bony openings in your back begin to narrow, the resulting condition is referred to as spinal stenosis. In this condition, the space in your back for spinal nerves is reduced, which can cause them to become compressed, causing pain and tingling.
- Pinched Nerves: Pinched nerves occur when too much pressure is applied to a nerve by the surrounding tissues, such as the bones, cartilage, or tendons. As a result, you may feel pain, tingling, or numbness in your back or down your legs.
These are a few of the common causes of back pain. In addition to the conditions and risk factors outlined above, bad falls, car accidents, and muscle strains can all cause back pain. The best way to get to the bottom of the specific cause of your back pain is to seek medical attention from a skilled spine specialist.
Seeking Medical Care for Your Back Pain in Pompano Beach
Most back pain will resolve with over-the-counter pain medicine, rest, and time. If your back pain persists for more than two weeks or is accompanied by any of the following symptoms, you should seek prompt medical care:
- A fever
- Bladder or bowel function problems
- Muscle weakness
- Unexplained weight loss
If your pain started after a traumatic injury or accident, you should seek medical care as soon as you are able. Additionally, if you have known risk factors related to back pain, such as a family history of cancer, you should seek out medical attention at the onset of your pain.
OLSS: Our Approach to Back Pain Treatment
At OLSS, our team is dedicated to helping our patients find the best treatment plan for their neck and back pain. Our approach to treating neck and back pain focuses on the individual. We treat people, not patients.
During your initial appointment with one of our doctors or specialists, they will take a full medical history of your back pain and perform a thorough physical examination. After they have identified the underlying cause of your pain, they will create a treatment plan specific to your symptoms and medical history. While our team uses a combination of conservative and surgical procedures to treat back and neck pain, the conservative, minimally invasive approach is always our primary strategy. Some of the cutting-edge services that we offer include:
- Facet fusions
- Facet ablations
- Stem cell injection therapy
- Cervical disc replacement
- Axial fusion
- Interlaminar spacers
These are just a few of the many treatments we offer at Orthopedic and Laser Spine Surgery. When you meet with one of our doctors, they will advise you on the best treatment for your back pain.
The Best Spine Doctors in Pompano Beach, Florida
Are you suffering from back pain and living in Pompano Beach? Visit your local Orthopedic and Laser Spine Surgery clinic to receive expert medical care. At our office near Pompano Beach, you’ll find highly skilled, board-certified surgeons who are trained in the most advanced medical procedures for neck and back treatment. At OLSS, we pride ourselves on our ability to orchestrate personalized care plans that serve the unique needs of our patients in Florida.
To schedule an appointment with one of our skilled spine experts, call (855) 853-6542 or complete our online contact form.