Tampa Spine Surgeon
- Tampa, FL 33837
- (855) 853-6542
Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery in Tampa
If you have discomfort in your back, spine, or neck, consider visiting the specialists at NJ Spine and Orthopedic. Our offices near Tampa, Florida are home to an award-winning team of best-in-class spine surgeons that utilize advanced equipment, cutting-edge technology, and a patient-centered approach. When you visit us at NJ Spine and Orthopedic, you can expect top-of-the-line care, no matter your condition.
Our medical staff will meet with you one-on-one to discuss which treatment options are right for you. After assessing your specific case, our doctors will always try conservative healing methods before we recommend surgery. If it’s determined that surgery is the most appropriate way to reduce your pain and encourage the fastest possible recovery time, we will use minimally invasive techniques that will shorten your recovery time, decrease your blood loss, and reduce your pain.
Our experienced and board-certified neurologists, neurosurgeons, orthopedic specialists, and physicians will work together to treat your specific spine and back disorder. Help us help you on the road to recovery.
Common Procedures at NJ Spine and Orthopedic
Here at NJ Spine, we offer a wide variety of procedures to help patients reduce their pain and improve their condition. Below, we’ve listed some of our more common procedures. From degenerative disc disease to failed back surgery, we will diagnose your pain and give you the appropriate care you need. Here are some of the minimally invasive conditions we treat.
- Artificial Disk Replacement: If you have a worn or degenerated disk in the lower part of your spine, our surgeons will replace it with a metal or plastic artificial disk. This type of procedure provides patients with an alternative treatment method to the more common spinal fusion surgery.
- Coccygectomy: This is a surgical procedure in which the coccyx or tailbone is either partially or fully removed. It’s known to provide great pain relief for patients suffering from discomfort as a result of an injury, birth defect, or tumor.
- Endoscopic Discectomy: Tf you suffer from spinal disk herniation, consider an Endoscopic Discectomy. It’s a minimally invasive and extremely effective surgical technique that removes herniated disc material that’s causing pain in the lower back, legs, neck, or arms.
- Endoscopic Foraminotomy: This type of procedure relieves pressure from the spinal nerve roots caused by the compression of bone spurs, disk herniations, scar tissue, or excessive ligaments.
- Laminoforaminotomy: If you suffer from cervical radiculopathy—a type of neck pain that spreads into the upper back, shoulders, and down the arms—then this minimally invasive surgery is for you. It will relieve pressure on your nerve roots and spinal cord.
- Laser Spine Surgery: Laser spine surgery—most often used to treat herniated or ruptured disks in order to reduce pain—utilizes a focused beam of light to remove soft tissue through a small incision.
- Microdiscectomy: This surgical technique will remove portions of a herniated disc with the goal of relieving pressure on the spinal nerve column.
If you’re not sure what kind of treatment options are right for you, contact our team and we’ll better be able to discuss and advise you based on your specific condition.
Typical Causes of Back Pain Among Americans
Having back pain is painful and can leave you feeling upset and confused, but it’s important to know that you’re not alone. Experts say that about 31 million Americans experience lower back pain at any given time, and it’s estimated that 80 percent of the population will experience back pain at some point in their lives. Here are some of the more common reasons to visit a doctor:
Additionally, you may want to visit a doctor if your back pain is accompanied by unexplained weight loss, nighttime discomfort, fever, a history of cancer, or problems with balance. As a general rule, consider giving your doctor a call if everyday aches and pains begin to feel more intense. It’s better to be overly cautious than to learn of a serious condition after it’s too late.
Common Procedures at NJ Spine and Orthopedic
At NJ Spine, our doctors and medical professionals will investigate the specifics of your case and provide you with expert advice and care, no matter the condition. We provide patients with a number of treatment options, from non-surgical conservative methods of care to gentle minimally invasive surgeries performed through incisions that are smaller than a postage stamp. Here are a few of our more common, minimally invasive treatments:
- Sprains and strains
- Spine or vertebral fractures
- Herniated or slipped disks
- Bulging disks
- Degenerative disk disease
- Spinal stenosis
- Cervical radiculopathy
- Pulled muscles or tendons
- Abnormal spinal curvatures
For those patients who don’t know the root of their pain, consider taking our free online pain assessment. If you do know your condition but aren’t sure how to go about treating it, utilize our treatment finder. Have an MRI scan? Get a free expert review on our website today. Our easy-to-use website allows you to connect with our minimally invasive treatments and reclaim your life in a few simple clicks.
Expert Spine Surgeons in Tampa, Florida
If you have pain in your back, spine, or neck, consider visiting the specialists at NJ Spine and Orthopedic. Our award-winning team of doctors and surgeons have experience helping patients reduce their pain, improve their mobility, and more quickly get back to the life they once had before their back pain. Our spine surgeons are dedicated to achieving the best results for every patient, no matter if your condition is minor, or you require surgery. Regardless of the cause, our experienced team is ready to help. Give us a call at (855)-853-6542 or complete our contact form today!