Spine Surgeon/Back Doctor in The Hammocks
Orthopedic and Laser Spine Surgery (OLSS) is proud to support the community of Hammocks, Florida by providing access to award-winning orthopedic care. Our skilled team employs a personalized approach to treatment. At OLSS, we treat people, not patients. Using the most advanced treatments in back and care technology, our doctors personalize every treatment plan to meet our patient’s specific needs and medical history.
Our team uses a variety of treatments to heal back and neck pain, ranging from conservative therapies to minimally invasive surgical procedures. However, conservative methods are always our primary approach. When you schedule an appointment with one of our skilled doctors, they will determine the best approach for treating your pain. If you are struggling with back pain in the Hammocks, Florida, the team at OLSS is here to help you tackle your pain and regain your quality of life.
What Is Causing My Back Pain?
In America, back pain is one of the most common causes of job-related disability. In fact, 80 percent of people will struggle with back pain during their life with 50 percent having more than one episode per year. In short, if you are experiencing chronic back pain, you are not alone.
When it comes to back pain, each person’s pain is unique. While one condition may cause debilitating pain for one person, it may present minor symptoms for another. Your back is composed of various structural components—such as ligaments, muscles, discs, and nerves— that are essential for healthy function. When damage occurs to any of these pieces, it can cause back pain. Back pain is often a complex condition, and there are many conditions and lifestyle choices that can be contributing factors. However, some of the most common causes of back pain include:
- Pinched nerves from bone spurs or spinal stenosis
- Bulging, degenerated, or herniated discs
- Osteoarthritis in the spine or joints
- Torn ligaments or tendons, like rotator cuff tendinitis
- Neck and back injuries, like whiplash
- Pulled muscles or tendons
- Abnormal curvatures in the spine, such as from scoliosis
- Lifestyle triggers, including slouching at your desk, smoking, wearing high heels, etc.
These are just a few of the common causes of back pain. Ultimately, the best way to identify the underlying cause of your back pain is to consult a medical professional.
When to Seek Medical Attention for Your Back Pain
Most people’s back pain will resolve on its own with conservative methods, such as rest, lifestyle changes, and over-the-counter pain medications like ibuprofen. However, in some cases, at-home remedies are ineffective at alleviating the underlying cause of pain. If your pain continues for more than a couple of weeks or is preventing you from engaging in day-to-day activities, you should seek prompt medical attention. Additionally, if your pain is accompanied by any of the following symptoms, it’s important to see a doctor as soon as possible:
- Weakness, numbness, or tingling down one or both of your legs
- Unexplained weight loss
- Bladder or bowel control problems.
- Constant pain that increases when you lie down or try to sleep
Additionally, if your back pain is associated with a recent injury or significant fall, it’s better to seek medical care sooner rather than later.
Our Approach to Back Pain Treatment
At OLSS, we understand the complex nature of back pain, which is why employ a patient-centric approach to developing treatment plans. When you meet with one of our skilled spine specialists, they will perform a thorough physical examination and take your full medical history. Additionally, they may use advanced image testing for diagnosis. Depending on the underlying cause of your pain, they will develop a highly personalized treatment plan specific to your situation. This treatment plan can include both conservative and surgical treatment options. A few of the cutting-edge services that we offer include:
- Stem cell therapy, which involves introducing stem cells directly into an injured area or joint to promote healing and growth.
- Epidural steroid injection, which involves injecting a steroid to block the pain caused by nerve impingement.
- Endoscopic Foraminotomy, which involves removing debris from a clogged foramen in order to release the symptoms from a compressed nerve.
- Endoscopic Discectomy, which involves making a small incision to remove affected disc material through a painless laser procedure or small biter.
These are just a handful of the treatments we offer at OLSS. When you meet with one of our skilled specialists they will identify the best treatments for your back pain.
Expert Spine Surgeons Near The Hammocks
Are you suffering from back pain and living in The Hammocks? At your nearest OLSS branch, you’ll find highly skilled board-certified surgeons who are trained in cutting-edge medical procedures for neck and back treatment. At Orthopedic and Laser Spine Surgery, we pride ourselves on our ability to orchestrate personalized care plans that serve the unique needs of our patients.