Spine Surgeon/Back Doctor in Town ‘n’ Country
At Orthopedic and Laser Spine Surgery (OLSS), our orthopedic doctors and specialists use a patient-centric approach to treatment. Our team uses the latest breakthroughs and advancements in orthopedic technology to treat conditions of the neck and back. We employ a patient-centered approach to treatment. When you meet with one of our doctors, they will personalize your treatment plan to meet your specific needs and medical history.
We offer a variety of treatments, ranging from conservative procedures to minimally invasive surgeries. Your doctor will determine the best treatment for you based on the underlying cause of your pain. If you are struggling with back pain in Town ‘n’ Country, Florida, the team at OLSS is here to help you tackle your pain and regain your quality of life.
What Is Causing My Back Pain?
Every person’s back pain is unique. One person may experience debilitating pain from a slipped disc while another may experience minor symptoms. The best way to understand the cause of your back pain is to consult a skilled spine specialist.
The back is a complex system of structural components, including ligaments, muscles, tendons, discs, nerves, and vertebrae. A healthy back relies on all these pieces working together in perfect unison. When damage or wear-and-tear occurs to any of these components, it can lead to back pain. There’s a variety of underlying conditions and lifestyle factors that can cause back pain. However, some of the most common culprits include:
- Pinched nerves from bone spurs or spinal stenosis
- Bulging, degenerated, or herniated discs
- Osteoarthritis in the spine or joints
- Torn ligaments or tendons
- Neck and back injuries
- Pulled muscles or tendons
- Abnormal curvatures in the spine, such as from scoliosis
- Lifestyle triggers, including slouching at your desk, smoking, wearing high heels, etc.
Ultimately, the best way to get to the root of your pain is to see a doctor. Leaving an underlying condition unchecked can cause more damage in the long run.
Should I Seek Medical Attention for My Back Pain?
Sometimes, you can resolve back pain with lifestyle changes, rest, and other at-home remedies. However, in other cases, back pain won’t resolve with these methods and can persist for weeks or months. If you are dealing with chronic back pain that is interfering with your ability to fall asleep or participate in your normal activities, you should see a doctor. In addition, you should seek prompt medical care if your back pain is accompanied by any of the following symptoms:
- Weakness, numbness, or tingling down one or both of your legs
- Unexplained weight loss
- Bladder or bowel control problems.
- Constant pain that increases when you lie down or try to sleep
Additionally, if your back pain corresponds with a recent injury, it’s better to seek medical care as soon as possible.
The OLSS Approach to Back Pain Treatment
At OLSS, our doctors employ a patient-centric approach to treating back and neck pain. We understand that treatment plans must be personalized to a person’s symptoms and medical history to be successful. Just a few of the cutting-edge treatments that we offer include:
- Endoscopic Foraminotomy, in which debris is removed from a clogged foramen in order to release the symptoms from a compressed nerve.
- Endoscopic Discectomy, in which a small incision is used to remove affected disc material through a painless laser procedure or small biter.
- Cervical disc replacement, in which an artificial disc is inserted to replace a damaged disc.
- Facet fusion, in which a spacer is inserted into the facet joint for stabilization and to stop it from rubbing on the surrounding nerves.
To determine the best treatment plan for you, your doctor will perform a physical examination, take advanced images, and ask you for a full medical history. Using the information gained from this protocol, they will identify the underlying cause of your pain and develop a treatment plan tailored to your needs.
Expert Spine Surgeons Near Town ‘n’ Country
Are you suffering from back pain and living in Town ‘n’ Country? At your nearest OLSS branch, you’ll find highly skilled board-certified surgeons who are trained in cutting-edge medical procedures for neck and back treatment. At Orthopedic and Laser Spine Surgery, we pride ourselves on our ability to orchestrate personalized care plans that serve the unique needs of our patients.