Wellington Spine Surgeon
- Wellington, FL 33414
- (855) 853-6542
Spine Surgeon/Back Doctor in Wellington
At Orthopedic and Laser Spine Surgery (OLSS), our orthopedic doctors and specialists specialize in minimally invasive procedures and pain management. Our team offers a comprehensive program that uses the latest research, technology, and treatments from non-surgical to minimally invasive surgery with a patient-centric approach to treatment.
When you work with our doctors, they will first try conservative treatment methods because surgery should be the last option after exhausting all other treatment methods. Your doctor will determine the best treatment based on the underlying cause of your pain. If you are suffering from back pain in Wellington, Florida, the team at OLSS is here to help you get back to enjoying your life.
Why Does My Back Hurt?
There are several causes of back pain that are unique to each individual. While some back pain is caused by improper lifting, overuse from working out, or prolonged sitting or standing, other causes of back pain are caused by underlying conditions.
The back is a complex structure of bones and nerves that provide structure and support to the body while flexing and extending through interconnecting muscles, tendons, and ligaments. When components of the back are injured or damage is caused by wear and tear or other underlying conditions, it can lead to back pain.
While some back pain can be relieved with over-the-counter medicine and conventional treatment, minimally invasive surgery may be the best treatment for chronic back pain sufferers. Some common causes of chronic back pain include:
- Bulging Disc: When the outer layer of a vertebral disc swells outward, it places pressure on the surrounding nerves and structures and causes a disc to bulge.
- Herniated Disc: Usually occurring in the lower back and neck, a herniated disc occurs when the vertebral disc has broken down to the point that the inner material, called the nucleus, seeps through the wall of the vertebral disc, causing pain in the surrounding areas or nerves.
- Pinched Nerve: This condition is most common in the lower back and neck and is caused when tissue or surrounding structures compress the nerve and reduce its ability to function properly.
- Sciatica: This condition is caused by the compression of the sciatic nerve. Affecting the lower back, symptoms of sciatica pain can be felt in the buttocks, down the legs, and into the feet.
- Degenerative Disc Disease: This degenerative disease that occurs as we age is caused by the breakdown of the vertebral disc and surrounding structures. While trauma can cause this disease to occur prematurely, the years of stress on the spine take their toll, affecting the neck and lower back, but can also occur anywhere on the spine.
The best way to know what is causing your back pain is to consult the spine specialists at OLSS. Leaving an underlying condition untreated can cause you more damage in the long run.
Treatments for Back Pain at Orthopedics & Laser Spine Surgery near Wellington, Florida
If you have not experienced relief of your back pain through conservative treatment, the doctors at OLSS are experienced in various treatments for common back problems. The following are a few treatments we offer:
- Axial Fusion: This tool is used to repair a worn disk and treat conditions such as disc degeneration, herniated disc, and bulging disc. This minimally invasive procedure uses a small incision near the tailbone to replace and fuse a worn disc.
- Coccygectomy: When the tailbone is broken or damaged and does not heal completely, this procedure is performed to remove it and is designed to correct the problem and reduce or eliminate your pain permanently.
- Endoscopic Discectomy: This procedure removed disc material through a painless laser or small grasper/biter, treating conditions such as a bulging disc or herniated disc. Patients can generally go home the same day and return to normal activity within a few weeks.
- Facet Fusion: This procedure places a spacer into the facet joint to stabilize it and stop the joint from rubbing on the nerve, thus relieving the pain. This outpatient procedure offers a quick recovery where most patients are back to normal activity within a week.
If you are wondering what your treatment options are for your back condition, contact the doctors at OLSS. After gaining information through medical images, medical history, and a physical examination, our doctors will identify the cause of your pain and provide the best treatment plan for you.
Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery Experts Near Wellington, Florida
If you are suffering from back pain in Wellington, FL? Don’t let another day go by without seeking the help of our highly skilled board-certified surgeons at OLSS, who are trained in cutting-edge medical procedures for neck and pack treatment. Our physicians and medical professionals are ready to help you find relief for your pain and get on the road to recovery.