Spine Surgeon/Back Doctor in Greenacres
When suffering from neck, back, or spine pain, seeking award-winning, personalized treatment from the Greenacres Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery (OLSS) location may be beneficial. The premier medical professionals at OLSS are leaders in their field and are proud to offer top-of-the-line technology and minimally invasive procedures to ensure fast recovery times, reduced pain for patients, and minimal risk of complications.
Our skilled medical team specializes in minimally invasive procedures and pain management to help ensure a full recovery for patients post-treatment. We offer a comprehensive program that includes up-to-date research, technology, and different conservative therapies to create a customized treatment plan that fits your unique condition.
Frequent Causes of Back and Spine Pain
Struggling with back pain is a commonality that more than 80% of the population experience in their lifetime. However, each back condition is unique and requires different treatment methods to resolve. While some people may experience acute back pain, which resolves on its own, back pain can also last years, disrupt your day-to-day life, and become a chronic condition you have to resolve.
A common location to experience back pain is the lower back. Your lower back is composed of five vertebrae which provide support for the majority of your upper body. Cushioned between the vertebrae are intervertebral discs that buffer the bones to allow movement and impact. These essential parts of the lower spine are all held together by bands of tissues called ligaments that ensure they all stay intact. Some of these parts are damaged through intense impact, sports, aging, or obesity.
Some of the most common causes of back pain include:
- Herniated or slipped discs: Symptoms associated with herniated discs involve nerve pain that is felt in the extremities. Other symptoms include numbness, tingling, burning pain, and loss of reflexes.
- Spinal stenosis: This condition will cause pain to radiate into the arms or legs, numbness, tingling, muscular weakness, loss of reflexes, and pain when standing or walking.
- Degenerative disc disease: The most common symptom for this condition includes experiencing pain in the affected area that worsens when pressure is applied. Numbness, tingling, and radiating pain are also felt in the extremities.
- Coccydynia: The most common symptom associated with this condition is a sharp pain in the coccyx or tailbone. It may be caused by several things, including childbirth, a fall, or improper sitting.
If you are experiencing discomfort due to neck, back, or spine pain, it may be helpful to speak with a skillful spine specialist or back doctor at OLSS. We offer comprehensive evaluations and tailored treatment plans to aid in relieving any back pain that is affecting your day-to-day life.
What to Do If Back and Spine Pain Persists
Back pain can feel mild or severe and present various symptoms depending on the affected area. A lot of back cases are acute and can be resolved without medical evaluation. If you are experiencing sharp, shooting pains in the extremities and other symptoms that last for months, it is important to see a back doctor.
You should consider speaking to a back doctor promptly if:
- If you experience pain, numbness, tingling in your extremities
- Back symptoms persist for more than two weeks
- If you are experiencing abnormal weight loss or bowel issues
- Your symptoms are accompanied by a fever
- If your back symptoms are the result of a traumatic injury or fall
Completing a thorough evaluation with your back and spine doctor will give you much-needed answers and assist you in getting back to daily activities you may have missed.
Treatments Offered at Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery in Greenacres
OLSS offers a variety of conservative and minimally invasive treatments for several back, neck, and spine conditions. The most common minimally invasive treatments we offer include:
We prioritize conservative treatments first in order to combat back, neck, and spine conditions. Our medical professionals may recommend pain management, physical therapy, or other conservative therapies. If conservative options don’t relieve you of your pain, we opt for minimally invasive procedures to reduce pain and encourage a quick recovery.
Speak with a Greenacres Spine Specialist at Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery
If back pain is affecting your day-to-day life, it may be time to speak with a premier back and spine specialist at Orthopedic & Laser Spine Surgery in Greenacres. Whether your pain and discomfort are mild or debilitating, the skilled medical team at OLSS will create a unique, comprehensive treatment plan to relieve your symptoms and begin your healing journey.
Our world-renowned, dedicated back and spine specialists at OLSS understand that every patient is unique, and so is their back condition. We are proud to offer innovative, minimally invasive, and safe options that can help you get your life back on track. Call (855) 853-6542 or fill out our contact form to speak to a back and spine specialist.